What To Expect At Your Glamour/Boudoir Shoot Start To Finish
So here's the breakdown:
1. We'll do a pre-shoot consultation either in-studio or over the phone. This gives us a chance to talk about outfits, the overall styling, and preparation for your shoot. You'll also get to see the studio, props/backgrounds, meet me and confirm I'm not a weirdo (hopefully). This usually helps with the nerves on shoot day.
2. Prep for your shoot: You'll want to shop for or borrow any of the outfits we discussed at your consultation. The week of the shoot you'll want to have your nails done, touch-up roots, spray tan (only if you normally do) and other things we may have talked about at your consultation. The morning of your shoot you'll want to do some light stretching. Many of the poses that create those beautiful hourglass ratios require a lot of stretching in your low-back and hips.
4. The Big Day: When you arrive for your photo-shoot the first hour you'll spend in hair and makeup with one of our amazing cosmetologists. All of our stylists have experience working with a variety of ethnicity, skin, and hair types. You will discuss with your stylist how you like your hair and makeup, and we'll make sure it's exactly what you want before we photograph. Don't have any ideas? That's fine; the cosmetologist will take control and make you look amazing. Don't worry! Airbrush, makeup, and false lashes are already included.
4. The actual shoot will take 1-2hrs. I will pose and coach you through every pose right down to the expression. Most women find their nerves go away after about 10 minutes, sometimes after the first outfit. The shoot is actually easier than most women expect. I don't stop talking and most people relax listening to my coaching and following directions. Often women comment that the poses feel unnatural, even awkward. They also comment that the ones that felt the most awkward look the best.
5. Your Amazing Night Out: You're going to look amazing so plan a night out afterward.
6. Viewing: 1-2 weeks later you'll come back to see your photos. There is zero pressure to purchase anything; you simply buy the ones you like. We have a variety of package and ala-carte options so you control how much you spend. We offer prints, albums, and wall portraits all coming with the digital version of your chosen images. You choose the products that are right for you. Depending on what you purchase, they can take 1-8 weeks to come in. For bridal boudoir the ideal time to be photographed is 3-6 months before your big day.
7. Tell a friend! We offer a $100 credit for each friend you refer.
8. Enjoy! You will treasure these photos for the rest of your life. You'll be so glad you had them taken and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.